Rejuvenate And Restore With Light
All About Intense Pulsed Light Treatments
Intense Pulsed Light
Refresh Your Skin Today
Intense Pulsed Light (abbreviated IPL) describes the use of intense pulses of non-coherent light distributed over a range of wavelengths; from 400nm to 1200nm. The technology utilizes specific wavelength ranges to target various chromophores in the skin. This enables effective treatment of a broad spectrum of conditions, including vascular and pigmented lesions, skin photoaging treatments and hair removal.
1. Improve the appearance of sun damage.
2. Reduce the appearance of scarring.
3. Improve the appearance of rosacea and other vascular conditions.
4. Decrease the appearance of pigmentation disorders.
5. Smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
6. Lighten the appearance of age spots.
7. Reduce the appearance of acne scars.
8. Improve the appearance of other types of scarring.
What Is Intense Pulsed Light?
Intense pulsed light technology, or IPL, is a revolutionary way to address a wide variety of skin concerns. The treatment is a non-invasive way to help create smoother and more youthful skin permanently, with minimal downtime. If you're looking for a way to erase years of skin damage and improve color, tone and texture, IPL treatment is for you.
The Palomar Icon is a multi-tasking tool that combines the power of a fractional laser with IPL therapy. It treats a wide range of skin types to perform the following functions.
- Wrinkle reduction: Ablative fractional laser technology delivers energy deep into the skin, which improves the look of wrinkles in just one treatment.
- Hair removal: The laser light is powerful enough to kill the hair follicle, which destroys its ability to produce unwanted hair. Unlike shaving and waxing, the effects of laser hair removal are permanent.
- Stretch mark removal: When aimed at stretch marks, the laser helps minimize them by producing new collagen, which improves the smoothness of skin.
- Scar minimization: The fractional laser light breaks down scar tissue and encourages your skin to produce new, healthy tissue.
- Skin resurfacing: The Icon uses laser energy to stimulate your skin as deep as the dermis, which results in healthier and younger-looking skin.
- Photorejuvenation: Treatments can improve the appearance of sun spots, age spots, freckles, rosacea and broken capillaries, smoothing skin texture and tone.
- Leg vein removal: Laser light targets and constricts the blood vessels in the legs that cause spider veins, making them less visible at the skin surface.
How Does IPL Work?
Who Is a Good Candidate?
Palomar Icon IPL treatments are highly customizable, depending on your desired results and the concerns you wish to address. Since the machine has such a wide range of capabilities, it can provide different levels of treatment intensity and meet various requirements for healing time.
The Palomar Icon fractional laser is ideal for people who want to smooth out wrinkles and scars, fade skin pigmentation issues and generally improve overall skin tone and texture without undergoing a surgical procedure. We will meet with you in a pre-procedure consultation to determine if you're an ideal candidate for the specific treatment you require.
The IPL function provides photorejuvenation treatments, which are ideal for people who have a goal of refining skin texture and evening out skin discoloration caused by sun damage, aging, acne, rosacea, damaged blood vessels, enlarged pores or fine lines.
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
As with any treatment, we will take every possible step to ensure your safety and comfort during the procedure. Other than an anesthetic, further pain management isn't necessary because the Icon's built-in cooling system provides additional comfort.
Each pulse of the laser feels similar to the snapping of a rubber band. The treatment lasts 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the area you wish to treat. When the procedure is finished, we may apply a cold compress for several minutes to alleviate any discomfort. As the final step, we apply moisturizer and sunscreen.
What Can I Expect After Treatment?
Immediately following a Palomar Icon treatment, your skin will feel warm and red, as if you have a sunburn. We will not allow you to drive yourself home after a laser resurfacing treatment, so please ask a trusted friend or family member to take you to and from our office.
During the first two weeks after the procedure, you can expect redness, swelling and weeping of the skin. For the first week after your treatment, you will be required to wear a protective dressing, and avoid wearing makeup. You should also stay out of the sun for at least the first six weeks following your treatment, and always wear a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher. We will send you home with detailed post-procedure care instructions.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Most people see the best results from receiving three to five Palomar Icon IPL sessions, spaced three to four weeks apart, followed by touch-up treatments twice per year to maintain the best results.
Our IPL Solution
Dr. Sinha offers a unique IPL solution with optimal efficacy, safety and ease of use.
Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT™) gives users the ability to control the pulse shape. It provides reproducible results as well as gentler, more comfortable treatments.
Universal handpiece with nine filters, enables treatment of a myriad of conditions with a single IPL device
Excellent bedside manner! Thorough evaluation and explanation of all steps and kept me comfortable throughout the procedure. High quality staff.
I love Dr.Sinha and all of his staff. We are blessed to have a wonderful doctor and staff. HE KNOWS HIS STUFF!! He is also super conservative which I appreciate when it comes to less is more.