Dr. Pradeep Sinha answers some of the most popular questions regarding Rhinoplasty.
Below are answers to some of the most common questions asked by rhinoplasty patients. If you have a question that isn’t answered below, please call our office.
1. What is Rhinoplasty?
A: Rhinoplasty is a reshaping on the nose to be more aesthetic pleasing as well to have improved breathing
2. Is Rhinoplasty surgery painful?
A: Generally there is some temporary soreness which is easily managed by oral pain medicine.
3. What are the risks of Rhinoplasty?
A: Unsatisfactory appearance, difficulty breathing, nose bleeding are a few of the possible complications
4. What is the recovery time for Rhinoplasty?
A: Usually the nose will be 90% recovered after 7-10 days. There be some swelling, bruising and stuffiness that may persist for a few days afterwards
5. How long after my surgery will I see the final results?
A: The finally rest will take about year to see due to the healing process
6. How long does it take for bruising and swelling to go away?
A:Usually 7-10 days
7. How do I minimize bruising from Rhinoplasty?
A: Avoid things that may make you bleed prior to surgery such as aspirin or ibuprofen. Good post care such as icing can also help to minimize bruising
8. What are the risks and limitations of Rhinoplasty?
A: (Risks were discussed above). Like all plastic surgery, it is important to have a consultation with a qualified and experienced surgeon to help set the proper expectations
9. Is it common to have breathing problems after Rhinoplasty?
A: Usually not. A surgeon isn’t now how to make the outside look good AND make sure the inside allow for proper breathing
10. How can I get a natural looking Rhinoplasty?
A: Proper expectations are important. The nose has to be in harmony with other facial structure and with the persons background to flow with other features
11. What type of anesthesia is used?
A: The procedure can be done with the patient awake and sedated or under general anesthesia
12. How long do the results last?
A: If done properly, results should last a lifetime
13. How much time will I need to take off from work after undergoing rhinoplasty surgery?
A: If bruising and external splint are not a problem, patient can return to work in a few days. Otherwise 7/10 days is prudent to be publicly presentable
14. How soon will I be able to exercise after my Rhinoplasty surgery?
A: We recommend two weeks to avoid strenuous activity to prevent nose bleeds and one month to avoid any contact sports
15. What should I look for in a surgeon to perform my revision rhinoplasty procedure?
A: Revision rhinoplasty is extremely difficult so in addition to proper training, experience in revision surgery is a must.
View some of the before and after photos showing the results of Rhinoplasty surgery performed by Dr. Sinha.