The Atlanta Institute for Facial Aesthetic Surgery now offers a new, minimally invasive skin rejuvenation technique known as Rejuvapen™ Micro-needling. This is a safe procedure using small steel needles to stimulate the body to produce collagen and elastin, helping to restore the skin’s firmness and elasticity.
Overall, micro-needling offers a youthful, healthy appearance and is very effective at treating mild to moderate scarring and signs of aging. Micro-needling can fine lines and wrinkles, saggy skin, acne and surgical scars, stretch marks, brown spots and pore size, and more.
In addition, micro-needling improves overall skin tightening, tone and texture. Qualified candidates for micro-needling include people with good overall skin conditions and in good overall health. This excludes people with major health problems or severe scarring.
Details About the Procedure
- Micro-needling is performed in our office and one treatment typically lasts about 30 minutes
- Depending on the patient, micro-needling may be done more than once, with each treatment spaced about four weeks apart
- A topical anesthetic is used and most patients do not feel any pain
- Recovery is short—typically no more than 24 hours
- There’s typically little risk of bruising, infection, discoloration or other complications
- Most patients see visible improvements to their skin within a few days after the first treatment
- Results will continue to improve up to six months after the treatment as collagen production continues
For more information about micro-needling, please fill out a contact form or call the Atlanta Institute for Facial Aesthetic Surgery at (404) 256-5428.