New Year, New You
The end of the calendar year has many of us thinking about self-improvement strategies for the brand-new year ahead. Your resolutions could be anything from small steps to sweeping lifestyle changes, but one common goal of New Year's resolutions is to look and feel better.
At the Atlanta Institute for Facial Aesthetic Surgery, board-certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Pradeep Sinha specializes in both surgical and non-surgical treatments for your face, neck, hands and skin to help you appear younger and more revitalized.
If you're considering refreshing your look in 2018, keep reading to learn more about some of the most popular treatments we offer.
Surgical Options for Improving Your Appearance
Dr. Sinha is often called "the specialist's specialist" because of his thousands of hours of surgical experience with procedures designed to improve the appearance of the face and neck. Here are some of the surgical options you may wish to explore.
1. Facelift: Dr. Sinha has used his talents as a cosmetic surgeon to change many patients' lives with his facelift procedure. A facelift is a long-lasting surgery that can take years off your appearance. Often performed in conjunction with a neck lift, the facelift helps eliminate sagging areas of your face that are the result of gravity and the aging process. The result of the surgery is a more well-defined facial shape and smoother, younger-looking skin.
2. Eyelid Lift: The area around the eyes often begins to droop as we age, leading to a tired or puffy-eyed appearance. An eyelid lift, also called blepharoplasty, is a procedure that removes loose skin around the upper eyelid, the lower eyelid or both. Many patients choose to undergo a blepharoplasty in conjunction with a facelift, but it can be a stand-alone procedure, as well.
3. Rhinoplasty: If your nose is asymmetrical, lopsided or too large, a rhinoplasty - commonly known as a nose job - can improve the appearance of your nose so that it complements and balances out your other facial features while functioning optimally. Dr. Sinha has helped thousands of patients who are dissatisfied with the shape or size of their nose.
4. Brow Lift: As we age, repetitive facial expressions such as squinting, smiling or frowning cause us to develop wrinkles and lines on their forehead and makes our eyebrows begin to droop lower on our faces. If a sagging or heavy brow is sending the wrong message about your emotions by causing you to look perpetually tired, angry or unhappy, brow lift cosmetic surgery could provide a lasting solution. Dr. Sinha specializes in endoscopic brow lift surgery, which is far less invasive than older techniques, yet still achieves ideal results.
5. Chin Liposuction: Many patients come to our clinic asking if we can help improve the appearance of their double chin and jawline. The good news is that Dr. Sinha offers chin liposuction, one of the least invasive cosmetic surgery procedures. Fat deposits around and under the chin are unresponsive to diet and exercise, which is why chin liposuction has become such a popular procedure for improving people's appearance and self-confidence. Chin liposuction requires only a small incision to remove fat using a tiny suction tube, leading to a slimmer and more defined chin and jawline.
Non-Surgical Options for Improving Your Appearance
For patients who are seeking a more refreshed appearance without committing to the recovery time associated with surgery, scientific advancements now offer many dermal injectables that are minimally invasive, long-lasting and lead to instantly visible results.
1. Botox® and Dysport®: Botox and Dysport are neurotoxins that cause temporary paralysis in the muscles that raise our brows. While these neurotoxins are in effect, they not only result in a more alert and youthful look, but also help prevent existing brow wrinkles from deepening.
2. Juvéderm: Our bodies naturally produce a substance called hyaluronic acid, which helps support skin's elasticity. As we age, the body's supply of the acid diminishes, leading to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Juvéderm is a smooth, injectable, hyaluronic acid-based gel that has an extremely similar consistency to that of facial tissue. Juvéderm injections help create smoother skin, and can also be used to plump your lips or restore lost volume in the backs of your hands. Many patients rely on Juvéderm to fill in the "parentheses lines" or "marionette lines" that form around the mouth.
3. Voluma™, Radiesse™ and Restylane™: Part of the Juvéderm family of FDA-approved hyaluronic acid fillers, Voluma, Radiesse and Restylane have helped thousands of patients look younger. Voluma is a filler that helps bring back lost volume in the cheeks and mid-face area and restore youthful contours to the face, while Radiesse and Restylane both improve the appearance of wrinkles.
4. Sculptra®: Is it possible to turn back the clock when it comes to lost collagen production? Sculptra is a unique dermal injectable that stimulates the skin to create more collagen, working within your body to encourage it to make more of its natural support structure. Sculptra is effective at creating long-lasting, age-defying results in the cheeks, mid-face, temples and around the eyes.
5. Liquid Facelift: A "liquid facelift" is a term that refers to a combination of Botox and dermal fillers to achieve the desired results, including reduced wrinkles or added facial volume. Since it is less invasive, a liquid facelift is an excellent option for busy people who want to look younger, but without any disruption to their regular daily routines. Since there are no incisions or sutures, a liquid facelift leads to a more refreshed appearance with no scarring. The results of a liquid facelift typically last up to two years.
In 2018, Resolve to Let Your Best Self Shine Through
Dr. Sinha is one of the most accomplished cosmetic surgeons practicing in the metropolitan Atlanta area. In a career that has spanned more than three decades, he has performed more than 10,000 cosmetic surgery procedures on patients of all ages. He has achieved double board certification in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, as well as in head and neck surgery.
Though his experience qualifies him to perform a wide range of procedures, Dr. Sinha has narrowed his focus specifically on refining the appearance of patients' faces and necks. By specializing in just a few types of surgical procedures, he can concentrate on delivering each patient the best and most natural-looking results possible.
If you're resolved to look and feel your absolute best in 2018 and beyond, contact our office today to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Sinha to discuss one or more of these procedures.